- ¾ cup paneer cut into a 1 ½ pieces
- 5 tsp oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup sweet corn kernels
- ¾ cup fresh curds, beaten
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Ingredients for masala
- ¼ cup freshly grated coconut
- 6 to 8 cashewnuts
- 3 to 4 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
Recipe/ Procedure For Masala
- Heat a pan and add the coconut and dry roast on a low heat till it turns light pink in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the poppy seeds and cashew nuts and dry roast on a low heat for one more minute, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
- Add the green chillies and blend it in a mixer till smooth then add little water and keep aside.
Recipe / Procedure
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan; add the paneer and sauté on a medium heat till they turn light brown in colour then Remove and keep aside for some time.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in the same pan; add the onions and sauté on a medium heat till they turn golden brown in colour then Remove it and keep aside to cool.
- Blend it in a mixer till smooth, adding water if required. Keep aside.
- Add the prepared masala and onion paste in a pan and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, cardamom, turmeric powder, chilli powder and ¼ cup of water and mix well and cook on a medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes with stirring it continuously.
- Add the paneer cubes, corn, curd and 1/3 cup of water and mix well and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.