Protein: 8.1 gm per serving
Preparation time: A few minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 12 minutes
Ingredients for the batter
- 1 cup green peas purée
- 1 tsp ginger and green chilli paste
- 1 cup Bengal gram flour (besan)
- ½ tsp citric acid crystals (nimbu ke phool)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup grated paneer
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing
- 1 ½ tsp fruit salt
Ingredients for tempering
- 1 tsp urad daal (split black gram)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai/sarson)
- A pinch asafetida (hing)
- 1 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
Ingredients for garnish
- 2 tbsp grated paneer
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
Recipe/ procedure for the batter
- Combine all the ingredients except the fruit salt in a bowl and then add half a cup of water in it and mix it well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Just before steaming add the fruit salt it and then add 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form then mix it gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased plate and shake the plate clockwise to spread it to make an even layer.
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked then keeps it aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, asafetida and urad dal and mix it well then sauté on a medium heat for a second.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 tbsp water and mix it well then pour the tempering over the dhoklas.
- Cool it slightly and cut into equal pieces then serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves and paneer.
Tip: – to make 1 cup green peas puree, blend 1 ½ cups of fresh green peas in a mixer till smooth.